dimarts, 4 de juny del 2013

INTERVIEW WITH JENNIFER LAWRENCE 

After the massive succes of "The Hunger Games" film, actress Jennifer Lawrence is learning to adapt to her superstar status

Jennifer Lawrence has a theory about celebrity relationships. The 22-year-old star of The Hunger Games is in a relationship with English actor Nicholas Hoult and Lawrence has remained tight-lipped on the subhect - until recently at least. 
"You don't want your relationship to be in the press," says the American actress, "but at the same time, ans this is only a theory, the more you try and keep it secret, the more the media tries to crack it open. 

"Maybe there's less pressure if you admit you are dating. 

Admitting that is just an experiment. I'm going to see how it goes." 

"MY LIFE IN LOS ANGELES HAS CHANGED A LOT" 

The relationship itself is going well, although Lawrence concedes thaht the phenomenal succes of last March's The Hunger Games has made the couple's time in Los Angeles intolerable. 
"My life in LA has changed a lot," she says. "I had to move out of my condo, wich is infested with paparazzi, and I am still paying of my Volskwagen, wich they know about and follow. 

Hence she Hoult (Skins, a Single Man) prefer spending time on the East Coast, or in the UK. 
It was with her starring role as Katniss in the adaptation of the first book in Suzanne Collins's bestselling trilogy The Hunger Games thaht interest in LAwrence really reached boiling point. 
"You can prepare for it in certain ways," she says of her sudden rise to superstardom. "I know if I don't want to get followed I have to take a different car and I've learnt not to leave pictures on the internet. 
"But I do worry that I'm too in your face because of the movie. There are poster of me everywhere and when I see poster of other people everywehere I think the're annoying, no matter what they're like personally or professionally. So I worry that I might start people off?

WORKING WITH A HOLLYWOOD LEGEND

Lawrence is locked into the franchise and must take thaht chance. She is currently midway through filming the second installment, Catching Fire, with the new director Francis Lawrence. "It's great to return," she beams. "IT feels like being a sophomore in high school because the first day at work is like the first day at school and you don't know if you're going to make friend. On this movie I know that I adore everyone".What does worry her, though, even more than her own ubiquity is Katniss's popularity. "Mi biffest concern is taking on the granchise was thaht people wouldn't be able to lose themselves in my other films - that they would only see Katniss". "I have definetly put a lot of thoufh into the movies I am doing that come out around The Hunger Games," she says. "That's why making a film like Silver Linings Playbook (Happiness Therapy) was so important". 
Directed by The Fighter's David O Russell, Silver Linings Playbook casts Lawrence opposite Bradley Cooper. She is a devoted fan of the film's director and was excited by the opportunity to work with Robert De Niro, who plays Cooper's father .In the one memorable scene, lawrence goes toe-to-toe with the legend, unleashing a forceful monologue right in this face. 
"I was obviously very aware thaht i was De Niro," she recalls, "but I wasn't necessarily nervous. I think he has a lot to do with that - he is a very nice, normal and warm person." 

TALENTED ACTRESS, TERRIBLE DANCER 

Lawrence's confidence can be traced back to her childhood, growing up with two older, sportsmad brothers on a Kentucky horse farm. HEr first break in the business came when she was spotted in New York. "I was offered a number of modelling contracts soon after but turned them down. I was lik, "Actually, I think I'm going to be an actor". That was an incredibly dumb thing to do at 14 but was probably the one time when my self-assuredness paid off." Her latest movie put her confidence to the test, however. For all her many talents Lawrence says that she is a terrible dancer. Wich is uynfortunate, as in Silver Linings Playbook LAwrence and Cooper enter a dance competition. "During rehearsals Bradley was brilliat and i was just awaful, " she says. " I was more like someone's dad dancing. It must have been painful for him". 


Will Lawrence 



Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada