dilluns, 5 de maig del 2014

WRITING 6: AN OPINION ESSAY 

The government plans to introduce a new law which will mean that young people won't be able to ride mopeds or motorbikes unless they are eighteen. In my view, this would have some negative consequences. 

In the first place, I believe that mopeds and motorbikes are necessary because public transport is very limited in some areas. Young people can't always depend on their parents for transport. So if this law is introduced, I've no doubt that a lot of them will have difficulty in travelling from place to place. I also think that this would discriminate against young motorists, who aren't all irresponsible. 

If the aim of the government is to lower the number of road accidents, it seems to me that there's a better alternative: if they spent more money on better roads and road signs, transport in this country would be safer. 

Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada